Sunday, April 25, 2010

Silver Borne By Patricia Briggs

The latest installment in the Mercy Thompsons Series was well worth the wait. With my favorite characters returning like Alpha's daughter Jesse, gay werewolf and human boyfriend, Warren and Kyle added to my enjoyment of the book.

I have been waiting for Mercy to finally get her act together and be with Adam, the Alpha werewolf who has been 'chasing down' Mercy for a while and finally it is offical. However, like all the other books Mercy's life isn't simple and now fae and Pack are causing the drama.

Being a mechanic is hard work. Mercy Thompson, for instance, just spent the last couple of months trying to evade the murderous queen of the local vampire seethe, and now the leader of the werewolf pack - who's maybe-more-than-just-a-friend - has asked for her help. A book of fae secrets has come to light and they're all about to find out how implacable - and dangerous - the fae can be. OK, so maybe her troubles have nothing to do with the job. But she sure could use a holiday ...

One of my favorite quotes:
For Adam, screwed-up bonding thing or not, I’d wait forever.

“Really?” he asked in a tone I’d never heard from him before. Softer. Vulnerable. Adam didn’t do vulnerable.

“Really what?” I asked.

“Despite the way our bond scares you, despite the way someone in the pack played you, you’d still have me?”

He'd been listening to my thoughts. This time it didn't bother me.

“Adam,” I told him, “I’d walk barefoot over hot coals for you.”


For those who haven't started this series here is the order
1. Moon Called
2. Blood Bound
3. Iron Kissed
4. Bone Cross
5. Silver Borne
6. Untitled Book 6 will be released Spring 2011
*Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (A novella featuring David Christiansen mentioned in Moon Called)