Friday, June 11, 2010

Anita Blake 2010 Reading Challenge Book #8

Blue Moon
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #8
Laurell K. Hamilton

This installment of the Anita Blake series is where Anita grows up a little more for the good and bad. I really felt Anita's pain to met all the women Richard tried to replace her with even though she knew she had no right to be jealous because she was the one who choose Jean-Claude. However, everyone women understands emotions have no logical they are just what they are, completely irrational. Trying to save Richard puts Anita in his path one too many times to resist him especially with the spirit of the evil-bitch Raina trying to take her over at times.

Anita has some much power and leadership roles being Jean-Claude's human servant, Queen of the leopards, and Richard's mate of the werewolves but must learn to deal with it all. The leopards and werewolves are always touching and need the touch for comfort and healing but Anita cannot get pass the sexual touching. Another human in a pack tries to help her be better with them all. I think she needed this because her always being embarrassed was hurting the others who she is in charge of so she needed to step up to the plate and I feel by the end she hit a home run.

When she chose master vampire Jean- Claude over her ex-fiancĂ©, alpha werewolf Richard Zeeman, Anita learned that sometimes love is not enough. But though she and Richard won’t be walking down any aisles, she can’t turn her back on him when he’s arrested on a rape charge in Tennessee. Anita knows firsthand that Richard has the morals of a saint—or at least a boy scout. But his guilt or innocence is not the issue. He’s behind bars, and in five days a full moon will rise…

Favorite Quote:

I pushed him away from me. "I tortured a man, Jason. I reduced him to something that writhed on the floor, mewling with terror and pain. And I wanted to do it. I wanted to do it." I shook my head. "I'll do my bit tonight, but forgive me if it's a little harder to keep going than normal. Forgive me if I'm not superwoman, after all."

"Not superwoman?" he exclaimed, putting a hand on his chest in mock surprise. "You've lied to me all these years!" It made me smile, and I didn't want to smile.
- Anita, Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment