Sunday, October 3, 2010

Winner!!!!

I am so happy how much publicity BANNED BOOKS WEEK got and I hope it makes a difference in the way of censorship. The winner of Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson is:

depb who said, "I don't feel I have the right to tell anyone else what to read. Are there books, that I don't like because of their subject matter, of course. But, I have no right to tell others they can't be read, and neither should anyone else. Besides that, in terms of school age censorship, it often has the exact opposite effect. I have found more kids will read those books, because they are told they can't. I have encouraged those I know to read those books. When they do, and we discuss them, they always, are shocked they are banned."
I have emailed you so I can get your book to you. Thanks all who entered.

No comments:

Post a Comment