Friday, December 4, 2009

Jeanine Frost's Halfway to the Grave

Halfway to the Grave
Jeanine Frost

Flirting With the Grave....

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that ones of these deadbeats is her father- the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unlikely partnership.

In exchange for help finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her batttle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner-are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side...and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

This was Book One in the Night Huntress series and I am already hooked to the entire series. We met Cat kills vampires and Bones who hunts down vampires for money, they are perfect for eachother. Cat is one fiesty chick and Bones is one sexy English vamp.

Bones is my new favorite sexy undead. I love his vocabulary with mate, blimey, and luv. I think it is too hot that Bones calls her kitten and pet. Its a nice play on her name. I also love the protectiveness and jealously of other guys he has over Cat.

Here is a nice Teaser

"Playing with fire, Kitten?"

His mouth grazed my cheek. His lips were cool against my skin. My head spun, my senses reeled, and my tongue crept out and licked his neck.

The shudder went all through him. Bones pressed me so close that his body ground into mine, jerking my head back with a thick handful of hair until our eyes locked. What had started out as a game was now an open challenge, as well as a direct threat.

All of this should have frightened me, but it was as if my mind were incapable of rational though. He was a vampire, a hit man, and had almost killed me....and nothing mattered more than the feel of him.

I licked my lips and didn't pull away.

It was all the invitation he needed.

1 comment: