Monday, February 1, 2010

February Releases

Blood of a Demon
Diana Rowland
Released February 23, 2010

This is the sequel to Diana's debut novel Mark of the Demon.

The serial killer known as the Symbol Man has been dealt with, the demonic lord Rhyzkahi is no longer invading her dreams, and Detective Kara Gillian is doing her best to get her life back to normal after being kind of dread for a while.

Unfortunately, there's little about Kara's life that is ever normal or simple. As a skilled summoner of demons, she's hoping to use her arcane abilities to retrieve her aunt's essence and restore it to her body. But when Kara discovers that FBI Agent Ryan Kristoff is somehow known to the demonland--and not in a good way--old doubts surface and new problems emerge. Moreover, her investigations into the deaths of several seemingly unrelated victims reveal disturbing links to the arcane, with unseetling similarities to her own situation.

But matters get more complicated when she discovers other links between the victims, leading her into a morass of political corruption. And it doesn't help that Rhyzkahi has asked her to be his own summoner, a commitment that could have quite a few advantages and plenty of pitfalls. Politics--whether among humans or demons--is a dangerous game with very high stakes, and Kara is learning that lesson the heard way.
The Iron King
Julie Kagawa
Releases February 1, 2010

This is Julie's debut young adult novel and the start to her Iron Fey series. The cover is absolutely stunning. Also, on you tube is a video trailer. Very cool.

My name is Meghan Chase.

In less than twenty-hour hours I'll be sixteen. Countless stories, songs, and poems have been written about this wondeful age, when a girl finds true love and the stars shine for her and the handsome prince carries her off into the sunset.

I don't think it will be that way for me.

Unknown
Rachel Caine
Released February 2, 2010

This is the sequel to Rachel's newest series Outcast Season. First was Undone and now Unknown.

My name is Cassiel, and I was once a Dijnn--a being as old as the Earth herself, rooted in her power. I cared little for the small , scurrying human creatures who busied themselves with their small lives.

Things have changed. Now I am a small, scurrying human creature. In form, at any rate. Thanks to a disagreement with Ashan, the leader of the True Dijnn. I can sustain my life through the charity of the Wardens--humans who control aspects of the powers that surround us, such as wind and fire. The Warden I'm partnered with, Luis Rocha, commands the powers of the living Earth.

I have made mistakes, in my short existence as a human. I have made promises I could not keep. I have lost those I learned to love.

I will not let it happen again.

Even if every instinct tells me I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment